Yes, Christmas is a season of giving.
And, you should DEFINITELY give her a meaningful gift that she'll enjoy. There's no doubt.
But, there's so much more that doesn't require spending money - and you might find that your relationship gets better, stronger, more intimate, etc. because of these simple ideas.
This holiday season, commit to a small act of giving every day. And, no, these small acts won't always require spending money, if ever.
For the Morning
1. Wake up 10 minutes early to brew coffee or tea. Bring her a steaming mug before she even rolls out of bed.
2. On cold days, warm up her car for her before she leaves the house for the day. If her windshield needs to be scraped, take care of that for her, too.
3. While she's in the shower, put her towel in the dryer for a few minutes to warm and fluff it.
4. Make her a lunch to take to work. Or, if possible, ask her to meet you for a lunch date.
When You're Apart
5. Send her a small, but unexpected, compliment via text message.
6. Write her an email to ask her how her day is going.
7. Use your lunch break to schedule a date night. Then, add it to her calendar. (Be sure to book a babysitter if you have kids.)
8. Call when you're leaving work just to check in and tell her how much you love her.
In the Evening
9. Make her favorite dinner, even if you're not the best cook. She'll appreciate the effort.
10. Do one thing she normally does each day, before she has the chance to get to it. Taking even one small off her to-do list will warm her heart.
11. Light a candle at the dinner table and put on her favorite music.
12. Go to bed at the same time - and for the love of all things good, don't sit there on your phone looking at sports apps or Twitter.
13. When she is present in the room with you and others, tell them something great about her.
14. Say "thank you" always, but especially when she takes care of things for you (e.g., laundry, cleaning bathrooms, paying bills).
15. When you read an article or see a post in social media that is inspiring, send it to her with a short note why you think she'll like it.
16. Fill up her gas tank and get a quick wash and vacuum.
17. Hold her hand or put her arm around her while you watch TV like you did when you first started dating.
18. If your schedule is very busy because of work, be sure to connect with her when you're not at the office.
19. Invite her friends over for a girls night. Be sure to supply them with wine. (OK, so yes, this one cost money - but not much.)
20. Kiss her every morning and every evening.